Welcome Ladies to the Womens Fantasy Football League

We are here to offer competition and camaraderie all in the name of our beloved NFL Fantasy Football. The WFFL is actually comprised of a number of leagues, of varying types, all of which are exclusively for women. Sorry guys but you already make up about 90% of all fantasy teams. We girls need something tailored to us, for our community, featuring "Compassionate Competition" We offer more than a dozen Redraft, Auction, Keeper and Dynasty leagues.

Information for the new season will be updated as needed. Specifics on leagues available should be available in June. Sign ups for leagues takes place beginning in June on a first come first served basis. All leagues are
exclusive to women.

We can be found almost everywhere on the net.

Web site: http://wffl.us
email: info@wffl.us or womensfantasyfootball@yahoo.com
Twitter: @WomenNFL
Facebook: Womens Fantasy Football and Womens Fantasy Football Group
Google+ Womens FFootball

Friday, July 25, 2014

Draft 1 part 7 #WFFL #FFdraft #2014sfb

Hey gang, sorry for the delay but slow drafts and stomach flu's bow to no man or woman. So since we last talked I have actually finished 3 slow drafts on the MFL site. One #MFL10, one #PhenomsFF and of course the #2014SFB . I will now list my final roster for this team and again point out, no DST or PK, 4 Flex one of which can be QB, 1pt PPR and .2 pt PPC (point per carry) and passing TD's are 4pts. The starting roster is 11 with 11 bench.

QB's: T. Brady NE, A. Smith KC, E.J. Manuel BUF

RB's: G. Bernard CIN, D. Sproles PHI, C. Johnson NYJ, C. Michael SEA, A. Bradshaw IND, J McKinnon MIN, J White NE, L Taliaferro BAL, D. Archer PIT

WR's: D. Thomas DEN, M. Floyd ARI, M Colston NOS, H. Nicks IND, R. Woods BUF, B. LaFell NE, J. Abbrederis GBP

TE's: V. Davis SF, T. Eiffert CIN, R. Rodgers GBP

Obviously all the usual drafting situations apply: you can't always get what you want, the player you've been waiting to sneakily grab with your next pick is stolen from you by the &@#$ picking right before you, etc, etc. However, In this type of draft I kept to my basic strategy if not always my specific player targets. I went with a three layered approach. I wanted someone I consider a top tier talent for 2014 in my #1 spots at each positions. Demaryius at WR, Geo at RB, Brady at QB and Davis at TE (keeping in mind your scoring rules). I want the rest of my starters to be solid reliable veterans that I feel I can count on for solid numbers week in and week out. These guys are the backbone of my team: Alex Smith, C. Johnson, Colston, Hicks and Eiffert. Not super exciting but will start every week. My third tier is a mix of guys depending on who's available that could have breakout seasons, rising stars, promising rookies in good situations, injury upside guys and a few solid bye week backups.  With a roster this big you can afford to take some chances and try to get some hits off pre-training camp gossip and rumors and watch those waiver wires as camp and pre-season gets underway.

This is the first time I have had three #earlydrafts before training camps even started and I've found it very interesting. I thought I'd be frustrated by the lack of information but I'm finding it to be a great way to prep for the season. I am getting familiar with the players and especially the rookies earlier than ever. I'm doing better at remembering names, teams and situations. I'm using the time to get better prepared for when my keeper and dynasty leagues start up. As tedious as the slow drafts can be it has given me time to better prepare for the season and the motivation by already having a vested interest in many players. I admit, I think It's been good for me and may prove to be good for my league success. I'll be playing in 15-17 leagues in 2014, being the Commissioner of more than half of them. I don't play for money or power, I play for fun and to be part of a great game and community. I've been playing #fantasyfootball since 2006 and doubt I'll be stopping anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment